We hope that each of you will create and donate a wonderful piece of art for the 2012 Benefit Auction. With your help we will have another fantastic Auction!
In order to make the process go as smoothly as possible, we need to ask you to follow the guidelines below. To facilitate the entry of your information, please use the online submission form, also available through a link under SUPPORT SAQA at saqa.com.
1. Donations MUST be 12 x 12 inches so that we can use standard Priority shipping boxes to save time and money. **Major collectors have advised us that they prefer buying works that are 12" square to show a cohesive collection and to make traveling their collections much easier.
2. Only ONE work per artist will be accepted.
3. Works on stretchers will be accepted, but they must be 12 inches square and should be no deeper than 1 inch (2.5 cm).
4. ALL artwork donated must be ready to hang. Artwork on stretchers should have hooks and wire attached. For quilts, a sleeve or other method of hanging must be attached.
5. All donations must have label with title (or "untitled") and the artist's name clearly written.
6. There is a space in the online submission form to put a 25 word description of your work that should include materials/techniques to help bidders understand what the image on the website represents. This is NOT to be an artist's statement. You can put an artist's statement on your label if you choose.
7. Please be sure that you put your website or blog (just one or the other) in the submission form, so we can put a link to it on the SAQA website.
8. Quilt images will NOT be posted online until AFTER the special Houston group has been selected. We anticipate that all the auction pages will be available online during the first week of July.
9. Please do not use peanuts, confetti, shredded paper, or padded envelopes filled with linty fuzz - all these things make a mess when opening the package and the confetti and fuzzy stuff sticks to the quilts. Tissue paper and bubble wrap work very well.
10. Please mail your donation with a tracking number or pre-stamped/addressed postcard to let you know it arrived. Auction coordinator will NOT email donors when work arrives (except for international donations).
11. International donations should be sent early enough to arrive by the deadline after clearing Customs. Be advised that it can take up to 3 weeks for boxes to clear customs.
We have a new Auction Coordinator. PLEASE ship your donation to:Gale Oppenheim-Pietrzak
12 Conchas Loop
Santa Fe, NM 87508
For questions about the auction and the procedures, email: email@example.com
Early Bird Deadline: March 16, 2012- This is a receive-by date.
This will make your piece eligible for inclusion in Auction advertising, Auction postcards, and display at IQF-Cincinnati, April 12 - 15, 2012.
Final Deadline: June 1, 2012- This is a receive-by date.