The next SAQA MN meeting will be held this Saturday, January 14 at 10:00am. The business portion of the meeting will last approximately one hour, and will be followed by flexible work time (see Agenda info below.) The meeting takes place once again at the Lyric, home of Jennifer Conrad, in the Community Room.
Address: 765 Hampden Ave, St. Paul MN 55114. For directions please contact Jennifer at 443-255-6740.
Welcome and Introductions (new members?)
Old Business and Announcements:
- Correcting the email/contact list (any corrections?)
- Susan Stein and the Spun Gold Award
- Textile Center show "A Common Thread"
- Soliciting suggestions for Presentations, Topics, Grant-worthy Projects etc.
- Finish INSPIRATIONS feedback from Groups 4, 5 & 6. (Bring your notes please!) (20 mins)
BREAK: Please note we will provide beverages only at this meeting, but brown bag lunches are encouraged if you plan to stay for work time! There is also a McDonald's across the street from the Lyric, plus snack vending machines in the Lobby.
- Introducing the SAQA Auction, possibilities for a SAQA MN show, etc.
- Pro's and Con's of working with one square foot: A quick demonstration (with examples) by Jennifer Conrad.
- SKETCH TIME or WORK TIME depending on your whim! We will provide ironing board, irons, cutting mats and rotary cutters. If you intend to sew today, please bring any other materials you will require. Likewise if you just want to sketch and design.
THIS AGENDA IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Any questions? Contact Jen Schultz at 612-702-5734 or Jennifer Conrad at 443-255-6740. See you there!