Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Sunday, February 26, 2012
Monday, February 20, 2012
Exhibit juror Robert Jessop, Professor in the College of Visual Arts and Design at the University of North Texas, has selected 73 artworks from a submission pool of 213 pieces. Mediums included in the jury pool were oil, acrylic, watercolor, mixed media, fabric, drawing, print making, photography, pastel, and 3-dimensional artwork. The exhibit opens on March 29, 2012 and is open through April, 2012. An artists' reception and awards presentation is scheduled for March 29, 2012 from 7 to 9pm. The address for the exhibition is:
Museum of the Southwest
1705 West Missouri
Midland, Texas 79701
Visit the Midland Arts Association for the list of accepted artists, www.midlandartsassociation.org, and the museum’s web site, www.museumsw.org, for more information about the exhibition or call Jenni Opalinski at the museum: 432-683-2882.
Thursday, February 16, 2012
Exhibit juror Gail M. Brown, Independent Curator, has selected 100 artworks from a submission pool of 1089. Mediums included in the jury pool were ceramics, glass, metal, fiber, beadwork, basketry, wood, handmade paper, and mixed media. The exhibit opens on May 5, 2012 and is open through August 19, 2012. The address for the exhibition is:
Mulvane Art Museum
1700 SW College Avenue
Topeka, KS 66621
Visit the Mulvane Art Museum’s web site, http://www.washburn.edu/mulvane to obtain more information about the museum and exhibitions and to order a catalog of the exhibition. Contact person at the Mulvane Art Museum is Cindi Morrison.
Saturday, February 4, 2012
- We are trying to have at least 20 art quilt pieces that have not been exhibited before at the Textile Center.
- Sheryl has asked that we hang and take down the show as well, any volunteers? Feb 21will be the hanging and March 19th will be the tear down.
- Please send a low resolution image with your name, title, and dimensions in the file name (Conrad_Jennifer_Serendipity_
21x22) to Jen Schultz and myself by February 12th, we will need to compile the images to give to Sheryl.
- The quilts need to be dropped off or mailed to the Textile Center by February 16-18th with the attached agreement filled out and a hanging device. We will be able to have our pieces for sale, please keep that in mind when making your selection as well.
- We may be able to accept more than one quilt depending on the response from the group, based on size and quantity. We would like to have as many artists as possible on display.
- We will be exhibiting in the Community Gallery space, Sheryl reserves the right for final selection of the pieces base on size and a cohesive display.